Monday, December 17, 2012

Danielle's Christmas Bells

Today's post will be a little different. It's a little story about Danielle and her Christmas Bells and how ringing them helped her cope with the loss of her other Grandmother, Arianna who passed away shortly before Christmas last year.

These are Danielle's Christmas Bells


A year ago I was babysitting my 4 year old grand-daughter Danielle when she noticed the cascading bells I had recently purchased and hung up for Christmas. Standing on tip toes she could barely reach the lower bell to ring it.
As she was trying to ring it again, I told her the old adage that every time a bell rings an angel gets it's wings.
After telling her this she promptly pushed a chair up to the bells, climbed onto it and starting ringing them like crazy. When I asked her why, she told me she was giving her other grandmother Arianna her wings. I had tears streaming down my face as I hugged that sweet girl.
When it came time to put the holiday decorations away I had a tough time emotionally taking down those bells, but reluctantly did. Needless to say Danielle was very put out when she noticed they were gone, as she rang those bells whenever she came over. Well as fate or luck would have it I found and bought bells with hearts during February for Valentine's day and hung them up for Danielle to ring.
Since then I've bought decorative bells in all styles that cover all the holidays so Danielle will always have her bells to ring and give out angel wings.

We will be ringing Danielle's bells for all those sweet angels in Connecticut that were sent to heaven too soon.
Our prayers are with those families that lost loved ones as well as the community that will forever be changed.


♥ Hugs and Prayers ♥



1 comment: